Did you know the Foundation facilitates emergency aid to students in need of immediate financial support? Your donation could be the difference that keeps a promising student in the classroom instead of putting aside their academic goals to focus on finding a way to pay for unexpected circumstances.
Emergency Aid for Students
The NOVA Foundation's emergency fund is used for one-time payments that are only allocated for sudden, unexpected, or unforeseen circumstances that impact a student’s ability to remain in school.
Emergency situations include, but aren’t limited to:
- Temporary loss of job or income
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Fire in living quarters
- Theft of computer, books, clothing or other essential belongings
- Medical/dental emergency
- Food or transportation needs
- Loss of child care
Eligible recipients must:
- Be a registered NOVA student during the semester in which the funds would apply (credit or non-credit)
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Provide documentation of the emergency
- Not have received emergency funds during the current academic year
No amount is too small to help a student who needs emergency aid. Many recipients tell us $500 at a critical time keeps them in school. If you are interested in helping our students in need, please click here to donate.